This drug is made by Ajanta Pharma Limited (APL). It is a multi-national pharmaceutical company that was founded back in 1973. Its headquarters are located in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. The medications made by this company are sold in over thirty different countries, including Philippines, Germany, and USA. Speaking of the latter, Ajanta has recently stepped up its game when it comes to the USA pharmaceutical market. Many Ajanta-produced medications are gaining the attention they deserve because people around the world are already aware of their reputation as cheaper and sometimes more effective alternatives to seemingly overpriced drugs.
You must not take this medication if you:
- Are a woman.
- Are an alcoholic.
- Are currently taking any medications from the interactions list.
- Are a minor.
- Have stomach or duodenal ulcers.
- Have issues that affect your hematologic system.
- Have had previous conditions that affect your vision, especially retinitis pigmentosa.
- Have ever suffered from high blood pressure or orthostatic hypotension.
- Have conditions that affect your genitalia, namely Peyronie’s disease.
- Have previous history of CVD, namely cardiac dysrhythmia, chest pain and high-output heart failure.
- Have had or currently have conditions that affect the kidneys. Have had or currently have conditions that affect the liver. Because of these issues, the quantity of Sildenafil in your body can reach a critical mass and that will definitely lead to an OD.
Special attention must also be exercised by the people who are at a higher risk for severe allergic reactions to this drug’s active component, i.e. Sildenafil.
For you to ensure your safety, you need to pay a visit to your physician to determine whether or not Kamagra is safe for you.
This medication comes in form of diamond-shaped blue tablets. There are single or four tablet packs available on the market right now.
The usual starting dose of this medication is 100 milligrams. As evidenced by the research data, most men find this dose sufficient enough. However, if the 100-milligram does not have the desired effect, you need to increase it to 200 milligrams. In case you are experiencing adverse reactions, you should do the opposite and lower your starting dosage to 50 milligrams.
You must never consume more than 200 milligrams of this medication during the span of 24 hours. Just to reiterate, you must never ever, under any circumstances, exceed that dose. If you are older than 65, you need to start with a lower dose (preferably 50 milligrams).
How to Take?
You must take this medication by mouth with sufficient amount of liquids, preferably water. No more than one dose must be used in the span of 24 hours, i.e. you only take this medication as needed. It’s hard to figure out how much time it will take for this medication to work because that is based entirely on your age, general health level, and several different aspects. In general, people start to feel this drug’s effects approximately 25 mins. after taking it. However, many report that it takes Kamagra up to 130 minutes to work. You might not get the timing right on your first try, so don’t worry.
Kamagra has a significant number of possible adverse responses. Despite this drug’s perceived safeness, you should still pay attention to your body’s reaction to the therapy. During the course of the clinical trials, it was found that adverse responses mostly happen when the dose gets upped. Two of the most prevalent side-effects are headaches and nausea. Now let’s talk more about the possible unwanted reactions, let’s split them into different categories for your convenience:
- Nervous system: headaches, epilepsy, remission of seizures.
- Circulatory system: flushing.
- Nervous system: vertigo.
- Eyesight issues: blurry vision, extra sensitivity to light, chromatopsia, painful sensations in the eyes, eye redness.
- Cardiovascular system: palpitation, increased heart rate, hypotension, apsychia, nasal bleeding.
- Respiratory system: rhinitis.
- Gastrointestinal tract: dyspepsia, vomiting.
- Immune system: HSR.
One other adverse response that deserves a special mention is – prolonged erections and/or priapism. Many patients usually overlook it, figuring that it is completely normal. It is not normal, and you should definitely contact your medic in case you experience prolonged and painful erections while on this therapy. You are required to get a hold of your health-care provider in case any of the aforestated symptoms do occur. This selection of adverse responses is not all-encompassing, so you are required to keep a lookout for all possible harmful responses in order to ensure your own safety.
In an event of an OD, you are bound to experience symptoms similar to the ones mentioned before. They will be more severe and more serious. Some early signs of an OD include – wooziness and fainting. There’s been enough research to say that your chances of overdosing on Kamagra are small, but that does not mean you shouldn’t tread carefully while using this medication.
If an OD does occur, you need to call your closest health center or just dial 911. You will require a symptom-directed treatment. Keep in mind that dialysis won’t be as effective, because this Sildenafil-based product has a strong plasma protein binding, meaning it won’t be eliminated with urine.
There are interactions that you need to be mindful of when this medication is co-administered with other drugs. There are many different interactions that can cause some unwanted responses, for example. You are required to write down all the healthcare products you are currently using and share this list with your physician. You have to mention all the OTC medications, prescription drugs, and herbal products that you are taking because they also increase your risks of experiencing major adverse responses. Now, let’s move on to our list of possible interactions:
- Adrenergic alpha-agonist, namely Aldomet and clonidine.
- Alkyl nitrites/poppers, in other words – alkyl esters of nitrous acid.
- Angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitors, including lisinopril, quinapril, moexipril, benazepril, and enalapril.
- Antibacterials, namely telithromycin, cethromycin, erythromycin, azithromycin, clarithromycin, roxithromycin, and ketolide.
- Antimycotic medications, namely diltiazem ketoconazole, voriconazole, cimetidine, telithromycin, clarithromycin, fluvoxamine, verapamil, itraconazole, along with several others.
- Beta blockers, including nadolol, pindolol, oxprenolol, cetamolol.
- Calcium channel antagonists including nimodipine, and diltiazem.
- Hepatitis C medicines.
- Nitrates, i.e. medications produced in order to treat angina.
- Protease inhibitors used to treat acquired immune deficiency syndrome, namely etravirine, rilpivirine, delavirdine, maraviroc.
- Sartans, namely olmesartan, telmisartan, eprosartan, irbesartan, and candesartan.
- Statins, including pravastatin, simvastatin, fluvastatin, lovastatin, and atorvastatin.
- TKI medications, namely lapatinib, bortezomib, nilotinib, vandetanib, dasatinib, sorafenib, imatinib, sunitinib and erlotinib.
- Various anti-ED pills, namely Levitra and Cialis.
- Water pills, including hydrochlorothiazide, triamterene, furosemide, and spironolactone.
- α-adrenoreceptor antagonists, including bunazosin, naftopidil, indoramin, tamsulosin, terazosin, prazosin.
This selection of possible major interactions isn’t all-encompassing. You are required to double-check and cross-reference everything with your physician before you begin taking this medication. Always stay safe.
One of the most noteworthy interactions associated with this particular drug is grapefruit. Make no mistake about it, this medication should never ever be taken after consuming any grapefruit-containing products. The science behind this is simple, the elements found in this fruit change the uptake of this drug completely. In other words, this medication was devised in such a way that it is absorbed into your body over the span of a few hours. When you take it after consuming grapefruit, Kamagra’s active ingredient gets rapidly absorbed and that can lead to severe consequences because of major concentrations of Sildenafil in your body. In order to stay safe, you need to avoid grapefruit altogether. None other fruits with similar taste cause this kind of interaction so consider switching.
Generally speaking, you are better off avoiding mixing the two. One of the most well-known and serious effects of ethanol is that of lowering BP (blood pressure). As you know, Kamagra does the same, so the combination of the two can lead to a severe BP drop. After that, patients experience serious wooziness, vertigo, nausea, and fainting.
The other reason for avoiding liquor altogether is the fact that it can significantly reduce the effectiveness of this drug. This medication works by preventing the outflow of blood once the erection is achieved. It improves the blood supply in the penile area in general, so there’s a clear MOA and that can be disturbed by ethanol. Alcohol prevents this process from happening because it causes your blood vessels to expand, therefore, letting the outflow occur.
In short, on top of possibly causing a severe blood pressure drop, liquor also undermines your ability to keep an erection once it’s been achieved. Many people will claim that they constantly mix the two, but you should take these testimonies with a grain of salt. Everyone is different, interactions vary from case to case, but the chances are – in all likelihood, you are going to experience some type of a side-effect if you happen to mix the two. If drinking is absolutely necessary, make sure you consume liquor in small quantities and keep an eye out for possible unwanted responses.
“Healthy but chubby 52-year-old here. What can I say? Kamagra has been life-changing for me. The 100-milligram dose works great but only on empty stomach. When I eat some food, it becomes marginally less effective, so there’s that. I have never experienced any side-effects whatsoever, so that’s good, right? There was this one time I went a little bit overboard with my liquor and wound up with poor sleep, tiredness and mild anxiety but that’s on me. That was my fault. All in all, Kamagra works. Just don’t try to booze it up while taking it.”
“At 58 I suffered ED after having a cardiac arrest. After four long, sexless years with my loving and understanding wife, I have finally decided to turn this thing around. Viagra seemed to pricey for me, so my physician suggested Kamagra. It’s a generic drug made by them Indian folks, you know? All I can say is that it works extremely well, as far as I’m concerned. There are minor side-effects, but certainly nothing too bothersome. The best thing about this is that can I tell that my wife is finally happy once again and that’s worth something, is it not?”
“I have tried both Viagra and Kamagra. Both have their pros and cons, but they are so similar that I have a hard time listing them off right here. I felt amazing with either of them. You know, it’s awesome to feel like you’re young again. Kamagra obviously is cheaper, so I’m gonna say it is the better option. It is easy on the wallet and it works the same way as Viagra. If there’s no real difference, then why oh why would I pay more? Guys reading this, you should definitely consider switching. This one is the real deal.”
“I’ve been using Kamagra for a few years now and have never ever noticed any significant side-effects. Until recently, I was taking the 200-milligram dose and it was working very, very well with NO adverse responses whatsoever. I’m now 72 years old and I find that I need to lower the dose, so I can get the job done, if you know what I’m saying. It seems like my body is responding very well to the new dose, so I can’t complain. Thank you, Kamagra and thank you to people that make anti-ED pills affordable.”
Dear visitors of our site, in this page please find the contact form, which you can use to get in touch with us. You are welcome to send to us all your questions, comments, inquiries and recommendations.
Please, be aware, that your contribution is crucially important to us and we value it a lot, for this always was and still remains the key impetus for our development. Welcome again and we hope to hear from you soon.